Sunday, October 11, 2009

Update and 11 Months!

Hi there. While I don't have any pictures, I want to update you on what's been going on with us.
We've been dealing with a bit of sickness lately. The kids caught the Croup virus (poor babies) and I had a pretty bad sinus infection. Thank the Lord Paul didn't get it too bad. We're all healthy now, and are incredibly grateful for good health!

Ryan and Lauren turned 11 months old October 3rd. They are developing so quickly before our eyes. Here are some milestones they've reached and other fun info:
Both Ryan and Lauren initiate peek-a-boo
Ryan follows Lauren around and tries to take her toy. Lauren's response is a high-pitched "ugh!" which sounds like "look Mom, how dare he do that!"
Lauren has begun speaking her own language this past week. I know she completely understands what she's saying.
Ryan can sign "more" and "all done". This boy LOVES food. He's really good at letting us know when he wants more food. :-)
The other night Lauren was splashing in the tub. She turned to Ryan and poked him in an effort to get him to join in. He was too interested in his toy, but it was precious.
Both Ryan and Lauren are crawling everywhere. I can't imagine what it will be like to having two kids toddling around the house very soon!
Ryan and Lauren say "Mama" and "Dada". It's so sweet.
Ryan loves to play with a ball. He's definitely a boy. :-)
Lauren knows when she's dressed up. I let her look at herself in the mirror and it's as if she recognizes how cute she looks.
Lauren and Ryan wave hi and bye.
Both pretend like they're talking on the phone by holding their hand to their ear. Lauren says "agh" for "hi". Ryan makes a similar sound.
Both love books. They go and take a book out of the bin, then sit and flip the pages.
Both LOVE when I make their puppets come alive. Their favorite is "Charlie the Chicken."

We just can't wait to see how they continue to develop. These babies are truly a gift from the Lord. We cherish each day He gives us with them.

2 comments:

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

That "phone" thing is the cutest thing I have ever heard of/seen!! The next time you call I'll answer with Lauren's "Ugh!" *wink

Sarah

Melissa said...

Can they REALLY be 11 months old? WOW! Praying that you'll be better soon so we can get together! :)