Saturday, February 7, 2009

3 Month Pictures

Wow. What a day. We ventured out to have the kids 3 month pictures taken today and it was quite the experience. We really don't venture out often and today I was reminded why. Recently I watched an episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8 (and yes, I'm reminded how incredibly easy I have it with just TWO babies). On that episode they took Cara and Maddie (the twins) to NYC for their sixth birthday. Kate made the following comment after the first train ride and before they arrived to their destination: "The only problem with having your kids on a strict routine is that when you deviate from it they melt down." That is exactly what happened today. We had to adjust the feed schedule to ensure Ryan and Lauren were fed BEFORE the pictures and therefore their sleep schedule was interrupted. Not good. We were in the parking lot of the mall and I was conversing with Ryan. He was all smiles. By the time we made it 50 yards into Picture People and started the session he was not happy. We were lucky we got some photos of him doing anything but crying. I'll spare you the details of the rest of the photo session. Suffice it to say I am in complete agreement with Kate.

It's 9:30pm and we've fed them four times since 3:30pm (that's two times more than normal). We're just putting them down. Hopefully they'll sleep for a little while and then we'll be up to feed them again at 11:30pm. Even though there are challenging days like today it is totally worth it! We're so grateful for these little gifts.

Enjoy the pics.
This one says it all
Beautiful girl
Handsome boy
Lauren's profile
Sweet babies
Can you see Lauren's slobber? :-)
Precious little hands

2 comments:

Brent and Abbey said...

I LOVE LOVE their tummy picture! That is exactly the face Luke makes when he is on his belly and Ohhhh, the grunts we hear! There is a little boy that is 2 weeks older than our babies in his daycare who just discovered rolling over... look out Nina! This is fair warning, you only have 2ish weeks left of total control over sleep time positions! We are freaking out! Your babies are beautiful... my favorites are when they are together! They will be the best of friends and these crazy 3 months will be a distant memory when you know they always have a buddy in each other! So sweet!

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

Your babies are so darling! You can't tell Ryan was crying...just think one day you may not even remember the details of this trip! Or even better, one day you may even laugh at the story! One day.

Also, I LOVE Jon & Kate Plus 8. I feel like the Gosselins are my friends.

Sarah