Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Stuff

Our big boy Ryan loves to gather stuff.  This stuff is almost always animals (Little People animals, puzzle pieces of animals, stuffed animals, animal puppets, etc.).  I love that Ryan is so careful to arrange his animals in a mound so that they all fit.  He works so hard and is quite meticulous.  At the same time I take the opportunity to remind him that even if he had ALL the animals in the world, they would never satisfy his heart, the only thing that will satisfy is Jesus.  Then I use that opportunity to reiterate the Gospel to his little heart.  Of course while I'm preaching this to him, I'm preaching it to myself.  I know I take pride in possessions and care more about stuff than I do God.  Then I have an opportunity to repent and be reminded of the hope I have in the Gospel - that Jesus lived a perfect life, died for sinners, was resurrected and now sits at the right hand of God!

Enjoy these pictures of our sweet boy!



When he happens to bring an animal to dinner...

He almost always travels with an animal

No comments: